This Editorial Policy is set to serve the Maldives News Network as a guide on providing fact-based ethical journalism. The Maldives News Network Editorial policy shall consist of the “Maldives News Network Guiding Principles” and the “Maldives News Network Ethics Guideline”.
The Maldives News Network Guiding Principles.
The Maldives News network guiding principles shall consist of 5 principles and are as follows;
- Maldives News Network will strive to tell the truth to its readers and viewers on all matters concerning the Maldives and the rest of the world .
- All content published by the Maldives News Network shall be in compliance with the laws and Constitution of the Maldives.
- The content published by the Maldives News Network shall be fit for reading and viewing by all ages of people.
- The Maldives News Network shall not entertain “take-down” requests by any sources other than the state approved media regulatory bodies. However, a content may be amended or corrected if it required. Any amended or corrected content shall clearly have a note by the editor on why the amendment or correction was made.
- No content shall be published promoting alcohol, tobacco and any other substances which may be detrimental to the health of the people.
- All paid content shall have “Advertorial” or “Paid for commercial” clearly stated.
Maldives News Network Ethics Guideline.
- The Maldives News Network shall be fair in its reporting in that fairness is the complete disclosure of facts.
- Today’s understanding of taste, decency, morality and other social concepts are vastly difference from that of the previous generation. As such the Maldives News Network shall always keep up with the societal norms to keep up with the changes of time. However, outdated articles which may contain words and concepts which may offend the younger generation, will not be removed.
- The opinion section of the website shall be separate and clearly identified. Each article published under the opinion section such have “op-ed” clearly included in the title. The content published under the opinion section shall be in compliance with the “The Maldives News Network Guiding Principles” and the “Maldives News Network Ethics Guideline”. No opinion can be deemed as inappropriate to publish unless it clearly violates the rights of the others.
- All employees of the Maldives News Network shall always maintain decorum in person and on all social medias as their directly affects the credibility and reputation of Maldives news network.
- The Maldives News Network is concerned with the interests of the community and the country.. Maldives News Network shall determine the interests of the community and the country on its own through proper dissemination of information. It shall not equate the interests of any elected person or government as the interests of the community and the country.
- It is the responsibility of both the journalist and the editors to verify and fact check each content before publication.
For any questions and notices, please email us email@example.com.
Last update: Tuesday June 1, 2021